Friday, June 19, 2015

Depending on my Teenager

My day today was like a Monday. I woke up late which in turn made me run late for work. Undoubtedly, I left my cellphone at home. I borrowed my coworker's phone to call my nineteen year old daughter. Now let me just say, she only has her  driving permit and doesn't have a car. What was the point of me calling her for help to get me my cellphone? I love my teenagers. It took me a long time to depend on them for anything. After all, they are teenagers! They are mouthy, not focused, inconsiderate, and selfish. But I love them. They are also communicative, independent and wonderful problem solvers.




The message I left on my daughter's phone was short and sporadic. The location of my job has a poor signal, no matter who your cellphone provider is. My daughter really didn't understand my message but when she tried to call my phone and realized it was in my room her problem solving skills kicked in. She called around to find a ride and she and my god daughter drove to my job (which is not around the corner). She talked to the guard at the gate, walked all the way to my location and brought me my phone. I was appreciative and thrilled. Now you may say heey, ok, whatever. I say Thank You! If you have or are in the vicinity of teenagers then you know most teenagers don't like to get up early in the day, are self absorbed and only like to do things for themselves. 

Even though I am grateful that my daughter brought me my cellphone. There was a catch to it. She walked away with my debit card claiming to need gas for my god daughter's car and the only reason she brought me the cellphone is so that she could randomly harass me throughout the day! Teenagers, gotta love em.

No comments:

Post a Comment