Monday, June 1, 2015

Names

I feel what I call my teenagers is very important in maintaining my relationship with them. When children are small they are pooh, boots, scooter, baby a, bink-bink, etc. As new parents, most of us may have taken a long time figuring out what to name our child and how to spell it. Many of us may have mixed names to create that very special name for that very special little one.

I have four children. Three I birthed and one I have permanent custody of. I love all my children. When I say their names it takes me back to the times when I created, blended, and borrowed names to create that perfect name for each and every individual child; only to look into their precious eyes and see a completely different name for them. As our children grow, they receive many different names from family members, friends, teachers, and enemies.

As teenagers children have to adjust to a whole new identity that has been created over the years. When you look into your teenagers eyes, if you are able to, reach into the depths of yourself and pull out a name that is thoughtful, sincere, and loving toward your teenager just as you did all those years before.


No comments:

Post a Comment