Sunday, June 7, 2015

Patience

June 7, 2015
Today was a day of rest and a day full schoolwork. Yesterday was a hectic day for me. My oldest daughter, 20 years old, thought it was okay to harass me about using my car. All day long she asked the exact same question as if she didn't hear the answer the first 10 times.  I stayed patient with my answer and stern with my decision. No matter how many times she asked me the answer was still no.

I did tell her that if she was asking to use my car to go to work that I wouldn't have a problem with allowing her to use it. Hanging out with friends in my car is not the purpose of my car. When she gets another car for herself she can do whatever she wants with it. I had no choice but to remain patient and calm with her overbearing nagging and "you owe me" attitude. I have to pick my battles and right now the battle is with three summer courses that I am taking.

When my daughter graduated from high school, I bought her a car of her own. It was a used car but it was a good running car. I figured after a year of solid employment and a few semesters of college she could have traded it in for an inexpensive upgrade. But, the girl went and traded it in for a car she couldn't afford after owning the used car approximately two weeks. Mind you, she didn't have a job, she couldn't afford the car payments nor the car insurance premium that had risen.



Patience is a word that any parent with a teenager will have to learn.

Parents
Allowing
Their
Individual
Egotistical
Naive
Children 2 make choices for
Eternity





No comments:

Post a Comment