Sunday, June 14, 2015

Joy

Today  was my cousin JaVon's graduation from high school. It was wonderful. I really enjoyed myself. I hung out with my children and my children's teenage friends. What a splash. These teenagers today! Whew. The laughing and giggling girls. The boys posing with mean mugs and straight faces for their pictures.  I am proud to be the mother, aunt, cousin and Mrs. Jan of so many teenage children in my life. (at one time) I think I will miss these times. I do remember a time when I thought I might have to slam, slap, or sling a teenager. But I never did and thank God I never will have to. There will always be trying times and no relationship is perfect, but right now I am just enjoying the teenagers. I love it. I was so excited that I made my son and niece (both teenagers) a crab boil with crab legs, shrimp, corn, and potatoes.  If you know me, you know I do not like to cook but anything to extend such a joyous day!






No comments:

Post a Comment